HRP COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promotion is open to Historic Royal Palaces members in the UK and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, except employees of Historic Royal Palaces and Illustrated London News (ILN), their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To enter, simply tweet the answer to the competition question using the tweet button on recordreign.com/competition. We will randomly pick a winner from the correct entries.
- One entry per participant. Participants must hold Historic Royal Palaces membership at the time of entry. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected.
- Closing date for receipt of entries is 21 October 2015 at 23:59.
- Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- There will be two winners only. One winner will receive a Record Reign book from ILN (worth £295), and one winner will receive a limited edition print of ILN’s portrait of the Queen, signed by the artist (worth £150). Post and packaging is included in both prizes. The prize allocated to each winner will be determined by random selection.
- All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize (to the extent permissible by law).
- In the event of any dispute the decision of ILN is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified under the original post on Twitter, as a comment within 1 day of the closing date. The winners must claim their prize within 4 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and ILN reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to “Illustrated London News, 46-48 East Smithfield, London E1W1AW” within ten weeks after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
- The winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing information to ILN and not to Twitter.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues. As concerns Republic of Ireland residents, these terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Each entry:
- must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
- must not contain or refer to any products other than those of ILN and it must not contain or reference any third party trade marks or logos (other than those of ILN) unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent and as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trade marks;
- must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the entrant);
- If anyone other than you appears in your entry, you must have their permission to use their name and/or likeness in the manner contemplated by this competition.
- Entries received in connection with this competition will be reviewed by a moderator after they have been placed online to confirm they comply with these terms and conditions.
- If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the Competition, agree to these terms and conditions and accept the prize on behalf of the group.
- By participating in this competition, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this competition (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
- If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
- Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners (“the Indemnitees”) harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter’s use of the entrant’s submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
- By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
Illustrated London News Ltd., 46-48 East Smithfield, London E1W1AW
(Please do not send entries to this address).